- In December 2020 a certificate of Aman OPS mechanical completion was signed. Lease Automatic Custody Transfer System (LACT) at Kenkiyak HOPS and Kumkol HOPS facilities were commissioned.
- In November 2020 international rating agency Fitch Ratings affirmed KazTransOil JSC long-term foreign currency Issuer Default Rating at BBB- with a stable outlook.
- In November 2020 a tariff estimate and tariff for the controlled service of oil transportation to the domestic market of the Republic of Kazakhstan via KazTransOil JSC main pipeline system were approved for 2021–2025 at KZT 4.355.57 per tonne per 1,000 km (excluding VAT), effective from 1 January 2021.
- In November 2020 KazTransOil JSC investment program for the service of oil transfer to the domestic market of the Republic of Kazakhstan via main pipelines was approved for 2021–2025.
- In September 2020 KazTransOil JSC provided sponsorship to the Corporate Fund Company for the Construction of Facilities in the amount of KZT 405,809,037 for additional financing of the construction of a Congress Hall in the city of Turkestan. In total, KazTransOil JSC allocated KZT 2,605,809,037 for the construction of the facility. By the decree of the Akimat of the Turkestan region, the Congress Hall was transferred to the regional municipal property of the city of Turkestan.
- In September 2020 sections of the Uzen – Atyrau – Samara oil pipeline with the total length of 17 km were commissioned after reconstruction in accordance with KazTransOil JSC production program for 2020–2024.
- In August 2020 within charitable project Birgemiz KazTransOil JSC purchased 68 stationary multifunctional lung ventilators and sent them to RoK medical institutions as sponsor support.
- In July 2020 KazTransOil JSC Oil Transportation Control Centre Branch (KazTransOil JSC OTCC Branch) was registered with its office located in Nur-Sultan.
- In July 2020 a tariff for KazTransOil JSC controlled service of oil transshipment at N. Shmanov OPS to the Kenkiyak – Atyrau oil pipeline was approved at KZT 119.37 per tonne (excluding VAT), effective from 1 August 2020.
- In June 2020 KazTransOil JSC group of companies commissioned the first start-up complex of the Kenkiyak – Atyrau Oil Pipeline Reversal Project. Specifically, construction of a twin pipeline intersection from N. Shmanov OPS to the Kenkiyak – Atyrau oil pipeline and reconstruction of a pipeline linear section were completed.
- In May 2020 branch of the Scientific and Technical Center of the KazTransOil Joint-Stock Company, established on September 3, 2000, was renamed the branch Center for Research and Development of the KazTransOil Joint-Stock Company. The activities of the CIR are aimed at ensuring the sustainable development of the Company on the basis of a scientifically-based innovation and technological development program.
- In May 2020 the Annual General Meeting of KazTransOil JSC Shareholders devoted to the 2019 results was for the first time held online.
- In March 2020 the international rating agency S&P Global Ratings changed its rating outlook KazTransOil JSC from «Stable» to «Negative», while confirming the rating at the level of «BB». This change is due to a similar rating action in relation to its parent company, NC KazMunayGas JSC.
- In March 2020 implementing the regulations governing the new wage system for employees of separate structural divisions of Kaz TransOil JSC.
- In February 2020 Mr. Dimash Dossanov, KazTransOil JSC General Director (Chairman of the Management Board), and representatives of five local trade unions signed a Collective Agreement between KazTransOil JSC and the Company’s employees for 2020–2022.
- In February 2020 compensations were paid to 38 Kazakhstan exporters under the agreement between Transneft PJSC and KazTransOil JSC acting on behalf of Kazakhstan oil companies regarding the reimbursement of costs for shipment of about 699 thousand tonnes of off-spec oil in the port of Ust-Luga.
- In January 2020 a tariff for KazTransOil JSC service of export transportation outside the Republic of Kazakhstan was set at KZT 7,358.76 per tonne per 1,000 km (excluding VAT), effective from 1 March 2020.
- In December of 2016, the Astana State Revenue Department of the State Revenue Committee of the Ministry of Finance of the Republic of Kazakhstan recognized «KazTransOil» JSC as the best tax payer of the capital in 2015. In order to determine the best taxpayer, a number of companies were assessed by 12 criteria, among which are stable tax revenues going to the budget, bona fide fulfillment of taxpayer’s duties, absence of tax debts and notices for violations, etc. «KazTransOil» JSC was recognized the best in all criteria. The amount of taxes paid out by «KazTransOil» JSC to the state budget in 2015 made up 29,2 bln.tenge, including 17,5 bln. tenge paid to the budget of the capital.
- On December 7, 2016, during the regional teleconference bridge arranged as part of the working visit of Head of State Nursultan Nazarbayev to Atyrau oblast, the President was presented a modernized oil pumping station - OPS 663 km of Atyrau Oil Pipeline Department of the Western Branch of «KazTransOil» JSC. The new capacity of OPS 663 km boosted the capacity of Atyrau-Kenkiyak section of Kazakhstan-China oil pipeline for transporting oil for export and domestic refineries. OPS 663 km was remonstrated and expanded within the framework of the second stage of the second phase of the Kazakhstan-China oil pipeline construction project, so to ensure the transportation of oil of various shippers, including Kashagan oil, towards the People’s Republic of China, as well as deliveries of West Kazakhstan oil to domestic refineries. This enables meeting the expected increase in oil consumption after the refinery modernization from domestic raw materials. The reconstruction and expansion of OPS 663 km started in January of 2014, and were accomplished by the domestic contractor. In accordance with the design, OPS 663 km will serve as the main OPSof Kenkiyak-Atyrau oil pipeline in a reverse mode. As part of the project, OPS 663 km is also meant for pumping oil through OPS 663 km - AOR oil pipeline.
- «KazTransOil» JSC began receiving oil from Kashagan field into its pipeline network on October 11, 2016. The oil is transported in a mixture with Urals via the section of Atyrau-Samara oil pipeline, and is shipped via the port of Ust-Luga. 117 thousand tons of Kashagan oil were transported in 2016.
- On August 29, 2016, the overhaul of 185.6 km-long Kazakhstani section of Tuimazy-Omsk-Novosibirsk-2 (TON-2) main pipeline was completed with the full replacement of the pipeline, as a result of which, the site throughput capacity increased from 7 to 10 million tons of oil per year.
- On July 28, 2016, the crude quality control system (CQCS) was put into operation at the premises of Mangistau oil pipeline management office of the West Branch office of KazTransOil JSC which allows controlling the supply of oil from the deposit of «Karazhanbasmunai» JSC to the bitumen plant.
- On June 28, 2016, an upgraded 220/110/10 kW electric power substation of «633km» oil pumping station of Uzen - Atyrau - Samara main oil pipeline was put into operation with the increase of the power of the substation within the overall OPS reconstruction.
- On May 27, 2016, by the decision of the Annual General Meeting of Shareholders, the new Corporate Governance Code of KazTransOil JSC was approved.
- In June 2016, own Method of calculation of tariffs for the services of KazTransOil JSC for the transportation of oil through main pipelines for export and transit through the territory of the Republic of Kazakhstan was elaborated and approved by the Board of directors in KazTransOil JSC.
- On April 29, 2016, a 14.3 km long section of Pavlodar - Shymkent pipeline was put into operation thanks to which the number of residential buildings in the immediate proximity to the main oil pipeline was reduced by 182 buildings.
- In January, 2014, KazTransOil JSC started transportation of the Russian oil to China through the territory of the Republic of Kazakhstan in the volume of 7 mln. tons per year.
- From January 1, 2014, tariffs were enacted, which were approved by the Agency on Regulation of Natural Monopolies of the Republic of Kazakhstan (hereinafter - ARNM):
– for the regulated service for oil pumping to the domestic market through the main pipeline system of KazTransOil JSC at the rate of 2,931.8 tenge/1,000 ton·km, excluding VAT and for export at the rate of 4,850.6 tenge/1,000 ton·km, excluding VAT;
– for the regulated service for transit oil pumping through Priirtyshsk-Atasu-Alashankou pipeline section as an emergency regulatory action at the following rates: Priirtyshsk-Atasu - 117.31 tenge/ton, Atasu-Alashankou – 1,097.42 tenge/ton.
- Tariffs for the regulated service on oil pumping through the main pipelines of KazTransOil JSC approved by the ARNM took effect from April 1, 2014 as an emergency regulatory action for the domestic market at the rate of 2,931.8 tenge/1,000 ton·km, excluding VAT and for export at the rate of 5,817.2 tenge/1,000 ton·km, excluding VAT. The main reason for the tariff increase was increase in Company's costs due to tenge devaluation.
- KazTransOil JSC was the first in Kazakhstan that have been audited for compliance of the SAP User Support Department of KazTransOil JSC with the requirements of the Customer Center of Expertise, which was confirmed by the Primary Certificate of the Customer Center of Expertise. Audit was conducted by SAP AG.
- In August 2014 of 0.88037% shares in Accumulating Pension Fund of Halyk Bank of Kazakhstan JSC owned by KazTransOil JSC were saled.
- In accordance with the Agreement between the Government of the Republic of Kazakhstan and the Government of the Russian Federation on cooperation in the field of the Russian oil transportation to the People’s Republic of China through the territory of the Republic of Kazakhstan dated December 24, 2013, Chairman of the Committee on Regulation of Natural Monopolies and Protection of Competition of the Ministry of National Economy of the Republic of Kazakhstan (hereinafter – CRNMPC) issued the order No. 45-ОД dated November 4, 2014 to approve the price of transportation of the Russian oil to the People’s Republic of China through the territory of the Republic of Kazakhstan on the transportation route: the border of the Russian Federation - the border of the Republic of Kazakhstan (Priirtyshsk) - Atasu (Republic of Kazakhstan) - Alashankou (People’s Republic of China) at the rate of USD 9.8 per 1 ton excluding VAT, effective as of January 1, 2014. This order also cancels the order of ARNM from December 24, 2013 №396-ОД according to which tariffs for transportation on the specified route were denominated in tenge.
- In December 2014, construction of the third line of Kumkol - Karakoin oil pipeline (HOPS named after B. Dzhumagaliyev), booster pipeline pump station at HOPS named after B. Dzhumagaliyev and HOPS Atasu, as well as reconstruction of the power supply system at OPS Barsengir and HOPS Chulak Kurgan were completed.
- Completion of reconstruction of Uzen-Zhetybai-Aktau main oil pipeline and the second stage of Kalamkas-Karazhanbas-Aktau main oil pipeline (Karazhanbas-Aktau section).
- Overhaul accomplishment at the Kazakh section of Tuimazy-Omsk-Novosibirsk-2 (TON-2) oil pipeline, where a linear part of the pipeline with a total length of 40 km was selectively replaced.
- Introduction of power-factor correction units at Beineu OPS, Karaton OPS and Prorva OPS that will enhance the energy efficiency of production facilities owned by KazTransOil JSC.
- In May 2015, amendments were made to the Law of the Republic of Kazakhstan «On Natural Monopolies and Regulated Markets», according to which an oil transportation services performed for the purpose of oil transit through the territory of the Republic of Kazakhstan and export outside the Republic of Kazakhstan were excluded from the scope of natural monopolies.
- In July 2015, Company completed reconstruction of Barsengir - Atasu section of Pavlodar - Shymkent main oil pipeline. The project was implemented to ensure throughput capacity of the stated oil pipeline up to 20 mln. tons per year in the reverse direction throughout the section of HOPS named after B. Dzhumagaliyev - Barsengir OPS - HOPS Atasu. The works were performed as part of the project «The second stage of the second phase of Kazakhstan-China oil pipeline construction. Increase in productivity up to 20 mln. tons per year.»
- In August 2015, the Committee on Regulation of Natural Monopolies and Protection of Competition of the Ministry of National Economy of the Republic of Kazakhstan (hereinafter – CRNMPC) approved the limit tariffs and tariff estimates for the regulated service for oil pumping to the domestic market of the Republic of Kazakhstan through the main pipeline system of the Company for 2015-2019.
- In September 2015, Company became a member of the International Association of Oil Transporters. The Association was established to render assistance in coordination of efforts for efficient development of oil transportation systems owned by the member companies and enhancement of stability of the international oil transportation. The following companies are also the members of the Association: Transneft OJSC (Russia), Transpetrol JSC (Slovakia), Gomeltransneft Druzhba OJSC (Belarus), MERO ČR JSC (Czech Republic) and MOL Hungarian Oil&Gas (Hungary).
- In December 2015, a ceremony was held to deliver certificates of compliance of the Company's integrated management system (hereinafter - IMS) with an international standards ISO 9001:2008, ISO 14001:2004, OHSAS 18001:2007, ISO 50001:2011 in the international system of management systems certification. It should be noted that it was the first time when the Company received the energy management system certificate corresponding to the international standard ISO 50001:2011.
- On June 22, 2012, the Law of the Republic of Kazakhstan «On the main pipeline» was adoptedin order to provide effective, reliable and safe operation of the pipeline. The Law regulates public relations that arise in the process of pipeline design, construction, operation, conservation and liquidation.
- In June 2012 the Company completed stock split procedure and thus increased the number of authorized shares of the Company up to 384 635 600 shares.
- In August 2012, NC «KazMunaiGas» JSC as the sole shareholder of the Company approved the dividend of KZT 173 per share for 2011. The total amount of dividend payment in favor of NC «KazMunaiGas» JSC was KZT 60,002,000,000.
- On September 21, 2012, the Company sold to «KazMunaiGas Service» LLP. 100% shares of «KazTransOil- Service» JSC at a price of KZT 11,647,889 thousand. The market value of shares assessment was prepared by «Bureau for Privatization and Investment» LLP. The divestment decision had been agreed with the Agency of the Republic of Kazakhstan for Regulation of Natural Monopolies.
- On October 8, 2012, the Government of the Republic of Kazakhstan adopted the Decree (#1273) appointing «KazTransOil» JSC as the National Operator for Oil Pipelines. The activities of the National Operator are aimed at the development of oil pipeline system in Kazakhstan and provision of their effective, reliable and safe operation.
- On October 31, 2012 the Government of the Republic of Kazakhstan adopted the Decree (# 1376) that approved NWF «Samruk-Kazyna» JSC Board of Directors decision «On the price, quantity and structure of placement of shares of «KazTransOil» JSC in the Kazakhstan stock exchange within the framework of «Peoples IPO» Government Program. Initial public offering involves placing of 38 463 559 common shares at the price of 725 tenge per share.
- The Agency of the Republic of Kazakhstan for Regulation of Natural Monopolies approved the application starting from December 1, 2012, of the new tariffs for regulated services of crude oil transportation through «KazTransOil» JSC pipelines: KZT 4,732.6 per 1 ton per 1000 km – for export, KZT 1,954.5 per 1 ton per 1000 km for the domestic market (both excluding VAT).
- On December 25, 2012, the opening ceremony of secondary market trading in common shares of «KazTransOil» JSC took place on Kazakhstan Stock Exchange trading floor. During a subscription 10 pension funds and 33 989 citizens of the Republic of Kazakhstan bought «KazTransOil» JSC common shares. The volume of demands exceeded placement volume for 2.1 times.
- On December 25, 2012 the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan N. Nazarbayev handed over to «KazTransOil» JSC the Grand Prix «Paryz-2012» for corporate social responsibility.
- On February 1, 2013, the Company common shares are included in representative list of stocks for KASE Index calculation.
- The first post-IPO Annual General Meeting of Shareholders of JSC «KazTransOil» was held on May 28, 2013, on which was made, including the decision to pay dividends for 2012. The total dividend for the year 2012 amounted to KZT 28 847 669 925, or 86% of the consolidated net profit for 2012. The payment of dividends per KZT 75 per share was made on July 4, 2013.
- On December 11, 2013, the process of «Batumi Industrial Holdings Limited», «Batumi Capital Partners Limited» and «Batumi Services Limited» merged with «Batumi Terminals Limited» was finalized. On December 25, 2013, the process of Batumi Oil Base LLC merging with Batumi Oil Terminal LLC was completed. «KazTransOil» JSC at the result of the reorganization owns 100% of shares of «Batumi Terminals Limited» (Cyprus), through which owns and controls the assets in Georgia - Batumi Oil terminal and Oil Base and Batumi Seaport.
- On December 13, 2013, «Kazakhstan – Chana Pipeline» LLP commissioned oil pumping stations #8 and #10 of Atasu – Alashankou pipeline.
- In 2007 the Company's Information Safety Management System was certified by the international certification authority BSI (British Standards Institute) in compliance with provisions of international standards ISO/IEC 27001. The Company's Labor and Industrial Safety Management System was certified by Det Norske Veritas(Norway) in complies with international quality standard OHSAS 18001:1999.
- In 2007 the Company acquired from «Naftrans Ltd.» 50% of shares of «Batumi Capital Partners Limited» for US$64 mln.
- In February 2008 the Company completed transaction on acquisition from «Terminal Partners Limited» of 100% of shares of «Batumi Industrial Holdings Limited» for US$325 mln.
- In August 2008 KCP attracted a 10-year loan at the amount of US$ 1,033,098,000 from ING Bank N.V. and ICBC. The loan was forwarded on funding of construction of «Kenkiyak - Kumkol» oil pipeline.
- In October 2009 KCP put into operation «Kenkiyak - Kumkol» pipeline.
- In 2011 the Company put into operation first upgraded Central Dispatcher Station in Pavlodar. The main goal of Central Dispatcher Station launch is gradual re-organization of hierarchic structure of Company’s oil pipeline management, including dispatcher services.
- In 2011 the Company successfully passed certification audit of its' Integrated Management System in compliance with provisions of ISO 9001:2008, ISO 14001:2004 and OHSAS 18001:2007. The certification authority Det Norske Veritas issued compliance certificate with 3 years validity.
- In June 2011 the Company received from KMG NC the Kazakhstani section of «Tuimazy - Omsk - Novosibirsk - 2» pipeline («TON-2 pipeline») as a payment for placed shares of the Company for overall amount of KZTg 1 700 mln.
- In 2003 the Company in troduced the automated enterprise control system SAP/R3in all its subdivisions.
- The company has implemented an integrated management system in line with international standards. Since then the Company has certified and successfully functioning quality management system and environmental management system complying with the requirements of international standards ISO 9001:2000 and ISO 14001:2004.
- The Company commissioned the first and the second stages of Alibekmola oil pumping station with tank farm to provide transshipment of oil. The station was later integrated in supervisory control and data acquisition system of the Company («SCADA»).
- In May 2003 Kenkiyak-Atyrau main pipeline was commissioned .
- On May 31, 2004 the Company was renamed in «KazTransOil» JSC.
- In July 2004 KMG NC transferred to KazTransOil 51% shares in joint venture MunaiTas, that was established in 2001 with participation of KMG and «CNPC International (Kazakhstan)» LLP. «CNPC International (Kazakhstan)» LLP transferred 49% shares to «CNPC Exploration and Development Company Ltd.», subsidiary of CNPC group.
- In July 2004 MunaiTas received from EBRD a loan at the amount of US$81.6 mln.to refinance the loan from «Halyk Saving Bank of Kazakhstan» JSC. The Company issued a warrantee to EBRD for the full amount valid through June 2014 .
- In 2004 the Company and CNODC established KCP on parity basis.
- In September 2005 KCP through its affiliate KCP Finance B.V. issued Eurobonds for total amount of US$300 mln. with date of repayment in September 2020. The bonds issue was performed in order to finance construction of main pipeline Atasu-Alashankou.
- In July 2006 KCP commissioned «Atasu - Alashankou» oil pipeline.
- In July 2006 the Company commissioned «North Buzachi - Karazhanbas» oil pipeline with 25 km total length and 3,5 MT/y throughput capacity.
- In December 2006 the Company completed reconstruction of automatics system on 23 large facilities and introduced SCADA system on all managerial levels of the Company.
- The company was established in the Republic of Kazakhstan in April 1997 inaccordance with Decree of the Government of the Republic of Kazakhstan and named Closed Joint Stock Company «National Company for Oil Transportation «KazTransOil», 100% of stock of shares of which belonged to the state. As of the date of its establishment the Company owned and operated more than 6 400 km of oil pipelines and 2 000 km of waterlines.
- In 1998, the transfer of assets of the Kazakhstan section of Tengiz-Grozny main oil pipeline to the balance of Caspian Pipeline Consortium (CPC) CJSC was performed with the signing of relevant documents between CPC and Yuzhnefteprovod production association.
- On December 4, 1998 the Company was included in Republic an section of State register of subjects of natural monopolies with respect to provision of a range of regulated services, including services on transportation of oil via main oil pipelines and services on water supply via main waterlines.
- In 2000 the Company completed construction of oil loading rack on Atasu oil pumping station, total capacity of which amounts to 1.5 mln MT/y.
- In 2001 the Company accomplished placement of the first issue of euro-bonds on international stock exchange markets, which was also first issue of corporate euro-bonds of Kazakh companies, at the amount ofUS$150 mln. with 8.5% coupon. The euro-bonds were fully repaid by the Company in 2006.
- In 2001 the Company has completed construction of facilities for oil transshipment in CPC pipeline on Atyrau oil pumping station.
The Company does not have any obligation to provide interested persons the documents legally translated into English or any other language. Documents posted on the website in English, are not legal translation.
Site users must use the translated documents only to get an idea about the content of the Company approved documents placed on the website in Kazakh and / or Russian.
The Company shall not be held responsible for the correctness of the findings of the person concerned as to the correctness and completeness of the translation of documents into English, as well as conclusions on the rights of the person concerned and / or obligations of the Company, made on the basis of the documents posted on the website in English.