CONSTRUCTION OF THE KAZAKHSTAN - CHINA PIPELINE SYSTEMOne of the largest investment projects of KazTransOil JSC is the construction of the Kazakhstan - China pipeline system (hereinafter - the Kazakhstan - China Project), the purpose of which is to ensure the energy security of the Republic of Kazakhstan. The Kazakhstan - China Project began in the 2000s as part of an independent Kazakhstan policy to create a multi-vector hydrocarbon transportation system. Given the scale and strategic importance of the Kazakhstan - China Project, its implementation is carried out in stages.
The Kazakhstan - China Project participants are KazTransOil JSC, MunaiTas LLP and Kazakhstan-China Pipeline LLP, each of which is the owner of the corresponding section of the Kazakhstan-China pipeline.
1st stage of the Kazakhstan - China Project
Within the 1st stage the following objects were built and commissioned:
- 2004 – the «Kenkiyak-Atyrau» pipeline with a length of 448,85 km, 610 mm in diameter and a capacity of 6 MMT/y. It integrated the HOPS «Kenkiyak» with OPS n.a. T. Kassymov (ex. OPS «Atyrau») for deliveries of Kazak crude oil to Atyrau refinery, CPC pipeline export terminal, «Atyrau – Samara» pipeline, as well as for loading into railway tanks at the OPS n.a. T. Kassymov.
- 2006 – the «Atasu – Alashankou» pipeline 965,10 km long (of which 2.2 km – in China), 813 mm in diameter and a capacity of 10 MMT/y constructed in order to ensure the export of Kazakh crude oil and transit of Russian crude oil to China.
- 2009 – the «Kenkiyak - Kumkol» pipeline 794,2 km long, 813 mm in diameter and a capacity of 10 MMT/y with the possibility of expansion up to 20 MMT/y.
- In 2012, KazTransOil JSC initiated the project «Second phase of the second stage of the Kazakhstan-China oil pipeline construction. Increase in productivity up to 20 million tons of oil per year» aimed at diversifying the directions of oil supplies for export, as well as at creating the possibility of providing oil refineries of the Republic of Kazakhstan with domestic crude oil.
- Within the second stage the following was carried out:
- 2013 – the «Atasu – Alashankou» oil pipeline capacity was expanded from 10 to 20 MMT/y through the construction of pump station №8 and pump station №10 by KCP.
- 2014 – a new line of the «Kumkol-Dzhumagaliyeva» oil pipeline, 199 km long, 800 mm in diameter was put into operation, the purpose of which is to increase the reliability and the capacity of the section of up to 25 MMT/y.
- 2014-2015 - pipes with a diameter of 800 mm at the exit of the OPS n.a. B. Dzhumagaliev (18 km) and at the exit of the OPS «Barsengir» (19 km) were replaced in order to increase the reliability of the «Dzhumagaliyev-Atasu» section of the «Pavlodar-Shymkent» pipeline taking into account the growth in oil transportation volumes.
- 2016 – the reconstructed OPS n.a. N.Shmanov was commissioned, whose expansion of capacity made it possible to supply the Mangyshlak oil coming from the «Uzen-Atyrau» pipeline to the Atyrau Refinery.
- 2018 – together with the launch of the reconstructed HOPS Kenkiyak, KazTransOil JSC completed its participation in the second stage of the Kazakhstan-China Project.
As part of the Reverse Project:
- On June 15, 2020, MunaiTas LLP put into operation the first launch complex of the Reverse Project.
- Within the framework of the second launch complex, the construction of the Oil Pumping Station «Aman» is being carried out. On December 29, 2020, the act of mechanical completion of the Oil Pumping Station «Aman» was signed.
- On June 30, 2021, the acceptance into operation of the objects of the 2-launch complex (objects of technological purpose of the Oil Pumping Station «Aman») was carried out and made it possible to transport oil in reverse mode.
Within the framework of the Project of system for measuring the quantity and quality of oil:
- On December 31, 2020, Kazakhstan-China Pipeline LLP took into operation the objects of the system for measuring the quantity and quality of oil «Kumkol» and of the system for measuring the quantity and quality of oil «Kenkiyak».
RECONSTRUCTION AND EXPANSION OF THE MAIN WATER PIPELINE «ASTRAKHAN - MANGYSHLAK»KazTransOil JSC together with «Main Waterline Pipeline» continues to carry out work on the implementation of the investment project «Reconstruction and expansion of the main water pipeline «Astrakhan – Mangyshlak». The water pipeline is the only centralized source of water supply for enterprises and more than half a million people (>511 thousand people) in 3 districts of the Atyrau region, 4 districts of the Mangystau region and the city of Zhanaozen.
The Project involves increasing the capacity of the «Astrakhan - Mangyshlak» main water pipeline and updating worn-out equipment to meet the existing shortage and the prospective growth of water consumption in the Atyrau and Mangystau regions of the Republic of Kazakhstan. At the moment, the project is at the stage of developing design and estimate documentation.
CONSTRUCTION OF THE INSTALLATION OF COMPLEX GAS TREATMENT »KASHAGAN»The purpose of the project is to provide water to the associated gas processing plant planned for construction. The prerequisites for the implementation of the project are the instructions of the Prime Minister of the Republic of Kazakhstan Mamin A. U. following the results of a working trip to the Atyrau region.
At the moment, development of feasibility study has been completed for the project.